I got this recipe from my sister, who made it for me while working on a film set. She cooked it because it’s an easy way to make a big warm hardy meal, and everyone loved it. It seems to work best in large quantities, but I’m posting it the way I make it for 4 people you might want to double the recipe. Also, I recommend using small red potatoes, I made this using Russert because we needed to use them up. This is guaranteed to be loved by all chicken fans.
For this recipe, because there is lots of liquid, you can bake at 425 degrees for one hour. The important thing is to make sure chicken meat reaches at least 160 degrees.
Baked Chicken Thighs
This is a hardy chicken dish that will always come out juicy.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 1 Hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- 3 pounds Chicken Thighs Bone-In
- 1 Onion
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 4 Carrots
- 4 Celery Stalks
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 2 cups Orange Juice
- 1 pound Red Potatoes or Russet Potatoes
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Season Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- Cut onions, celery, and chicken into chunks.
- Add vegetables and orange juice to a casserole or lasagne pan with chicken on top.
- Sprinkle spices over the chicken
- Cut butter into chunks and spread throughout.
- Bake for One Hour at 425 degrees do not cover
A Dutch oven is a good option for this dish. Go with tiny round red potatoes if you can find them.