My wife and I eloped in Las Vegas and the morning after our wedding we went to Paris Casino and had crepes. They have always been one of her favorite things. Unfortunately, in the area around where we live it’s tough to find. The guy at the farmers market has terrible crepes. So I got the idea of trying to make them at home. What I found out is that it’s super easy and when I make them it puts a smile on her face.Print
A crepe is a thin, French pancake with a sweet flavor and light texture.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 Crepes 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Pan
- Cuisine: French
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Flour
- Microwave Butter 30 seconds
- Add everything but the powdered sugar (Sprinkle powdered sugar over the crepe on the plate)
- Use a blender to mix everything for 30 seconds.
- 1/4 cup batter on medium heat nonstick crepe pan
- Spread batter
- Cook 90 seconds per side
- Fold in quarters and sprinkle powdered sugar over top
- Cook 1 minute per side
If you do not have a Crepe Batter Spreader, do not refrigerate the batter and add a little less flour. I find that it might taste better that way.
In our house, we spread powdered sugar over the top using a Tea Infuser with Handle. We don’t do any fancy fillings. I guess you can call this the American version.