My dad used to make this for me when I was a kid, and it was one of my favorites. I never liked meatloaf anywhere else. I wouldn’t eat it at school lunch. It tastes just as good today as it did back then. It’s fairly easy to make. The only down part is that it takes 90 minutes to cook, so it’s a great meal for the fall on those cold nights.
What Makes This Recipe So Good?
In my opinion, it’s the horse radish that adds that little zinc and gives it great flavor. I also like the bread cubes that absorb the flavor.
Best Side Dishes With Meatloaf
We always had creamed spinach and mashed potatoes without gravy. This recipe is juicy and doesn’t need gravy.
Last Meatloaf Recipe You Will Ever Try
Meatloaf is made of ground meat with other stuff cooked in the shape of a loaf and baked.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 90 Minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 50 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- 2 pounds of Ground Beef
- 4 Pieces of White Bread
- 2 Eggs Beaten
- 1 Small Onion
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Grey Poupon
- 2 Tablespoons Horseradish
- 4 Tablespoons Ketchup
- Additional Ketchup for the top
- Chop the onions and peppers into small cubes similar in size to the grilled onions to In-N-Out Burger if you have ever been there.
- Cube the four slices of white bread.
- Beat Egg
- Start adding the ingredients one at a time and mixing gently with your hands.
- Last, add the ketchup to the top.
- Bake 90 minutes @ 350 degrees.
Add the ingredients in order and mix each one in individually one at a time, I use my hands to mix it gently.
Another thing to note is that my dad always used a square casserole pan to bake the meatloaf and not a loaf pan. I used a loaf pan to take better photos and I think it tastes better cooked in a casserole pan. Maybe we should change the name?
Leave a Reply