This is a fun single skillet recipe that is basically a Taco bowl on steroids. I love the texture of the corn and scallions, and of course, I think it should be made with loads of avocado. I recommend a nice salsa on the side. We used real corn, but a can of corn would probably work just as well, if not better.
We ended up not adding lettuce instead we went with extra corn. You might want to add sour cream and salsa which is not pictured.Print
Taco rice is a taco bowl on steroids because you cook the rice with the meat which adds tons of flavor.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Skillet
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 1 pound of Ground Beef
- 1 Packet of Taco Seasoning
- 1 cup of Long Grain Rice
- 1/4 Yellow Onion
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2 cups Water
- 1 Beef Bullion Cube
- 4 Ears of Corn (1 Can of Corn)
- 2 Roma Tomatoes diced
- 1 Avocado
- 2 Scallions
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Brown ground beef with garlic and onion
- Heat 2 Cups of water with beef bullion
- Do not drain meat unless you use beef with high-fat content.
- Add corn and stir
- Add taco seasoning and mix well
- Add water with bullion already dissolved
- Add rice and mix
- Put heat on low and cover for 20 minutes until rice is cooked.
- Serve in a bowl with chopped tomato, scallions, avocado, and cheese.
I wouldn’t blame you if you added salt and pepper to the beef when you brown it. I also wouldn’t blame you if you added a green or red pepper with the onion and garlic. You might like a dab of sour cream on top. I like extra scallions for some additional crunch.